Semandex Networks provides solutions to the most challenging data analytics tasks facing national defense, public safety and commercial organizations. Semandex leading-edge research and technologies for computational knowledge, intelligence analysis, video intelligence and digital forensics, focus on transforming data into actionable information that helps solve real-world problems.
We are looking for a problem solver who is eager to learn while working with a passionate team of like-minded professionals. We have an open culture for innovation and take pride in doing so. Semandex provides a collaborative environment that encourages professional growth within the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand project requirements and explore possible solutions
- Develop prototypes and determine the best solution based on the project requirements
- Design and develop code to create resilient, scalable solutions
- Develop, enhance and maintain the internal libraries and frameworks
- Document the source code, design approaches, accomplishments for team members and supervisors
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment
- Collaborate with team mates to make a rich learning experience for everyone
- 2-5 years of experience in one of the modern UI frameworks VueJS, React, or Angular; preferably VueJS.
- Proficient with Kotlin, Java, Typescript with modern OOP concepts and design patterns.
- Familiarity with frameworks Jackson, JAX-RS, Jersey, REST API principles, Ajax, Browser HTTP APIs, cookies, browser local storage etc.
- Familiarity with either MongoDB or ElasticSearch or both
- Strong desire to learn new technologies on-the-go and adopting them for new projects
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Nice if you have
- Familiarity with modern microservices architectures and cloud environments e.g. Docker, AWS, GCP, Jenkins, Teamcity
- Familiarity with modern CSS frameworks (Bulma, SASS etc.) with eye towards Simplistic UI design
- Medical, dental and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company matched 401K Plan
- Corporate Gym program
- Tuition assistance for eligible professional education courses
- Stock Options
Semandex is an equal opportunity employer.