At Semandex, we are dedicated to creating innovative products and solutions to help our customers derive actionable information from documents, images, video, and sensor observations faster than ever before.
We are looking for a problem solver who is eager to learn while working with a passionate team of like-minded professionals. We are proud to provide an open collaborative environment that encourages professional growth and task leadership.
The ideal candidate should have extensive and hands-on experience designing, implementing, testing and scaling Python software, as well as a broad knowledge of AI/ML algorithms and applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understanding the functional requirements of the software and exploring available options to enable the functionalities
- Presenting and discussing proposed approaches with the team and arriving at the best viable option
- Designing and implementing the designed Python microservices
- Testing and deploying the services as part of the overall software
- Documenting the research and relevant data
- Collaborating with the team and contributing to a learning environment
- 2-5 years of experience with Python software development
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Data Science or related fields
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Strong experience in processing data and drawing insights from large data sets
- Good familiarity with one or more libraries: pandas, NumPy, SciPy etc.
- In-depth knowledge of spaCy and similar NLP libraries like NLTK, textacy etc.
- Experience with Python development environments, including, but not limited to Jupyter, Google Colab notebooks, Matplotlib, Plotly, and geoplotlib.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications of statistical methods.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Strong experience in a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, deep learning etc.) and their advantages/drawbacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for documenting, reporting and presenting to customers
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- US Citizenship
Nice if you have
- Familiarity with one or more of TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Keras, Gensim and rest of Python’s AI ecosystem
- Good knowledge of the NLP concepts TF-IDF, Bag of Words (BOW), word vectors, named entity recognition, part-of-speech tagging
- Some familiarity with latest research in embedding models, transfer learning, supervised and unsupervised
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MongoDB.
- Familiarity with modern microservices architectures and cloud environments e.g. Docker, AWS, GCP, Jenkins, Teamcity
- Master’s in Computer Science, Data Science or related fields
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possibility of remote work
- Medical, dental and vision coverage, FSA
- Company matched 401K
- Gym membership program
- Tuition assistance
Semandex is an equal opportunity employer.